CAB Funding Guidelines
Please refer to these guidelines for any questions you may have about CAB’s funding policies and procedures. If you cannot find an answer in this document, please feel free to email the CAB Board’s treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org or come to the CAB Office (2nd floor of the Multicultural Center, room 2523) during the treasurer’s office hours.
The CAB board meets every Monday at 7:30 PM to review funding requests. Funding Requests must be submitted by Thursday before 5 PM to be reviewed for the following Monday leader meeting. The CAB treasurer will email you to confirm.
1. Groups asking for funds must have an AS account number or be a registered OSL group. This includes being an OSL registered entity for longer than 1 year.
2. Groups must submit the request form and a detailed budget no later than the Thursday at 5pm before you are asking for funds.
3. CAB leader meetings are Mondays evenings at 7:30 PM. This is where you will present to the CAB board for ~2 minutes and answer any questions we may have.
4. Groups will be notified of the funding decision within two days of the leader meeting, either by email or telephone.
5. Any requests for fundraisers over $5,000 must be matched from the event.
6. CAB does NOT fund T-shirts!
7. Funding for prizes, gifts, or raffles is not allowed.
8. A.S. can only fund a maximum of $500 for food for any group for the whole year. This means if, for example, you receive $300 from Finance Board for food, CAB will only be able to fund up to $200 for food for a total of $500 from A.S.
Note: As of Spring 2011, to comply with the Green Bill, at least 50% of the food purchases must be sustainable in some way. Environmental Affairs Board (EAB) has compiled a great list of options that comply with the Green Bill. Sustainable Food Options: Page 1, Page 2
9. Funding for decorations or items that are reusable such as:
tablecloths, wall decorations, center pieces, cookware, etc., must be returned to the CAB office within 1 week after the event. This is so that other groups can also borrow and use these items and money is spent more wisely.
10. Any request for funds to pay performers should be made at least two weeks before the event to ensure payment is on time. ALL payments to performers/artist/presenters require a signed performance agreement and a W4, before payment will be issued. (Forms available upon request)
11. A Post-Event Form must be completed in order to be considered for future CAB funding.